Crisis support

In an emergency

“I’m in crisis now and I need urgent help”

If you don’t feel you can keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help:

  • go to any Accident & Emergency (A&E) department
  • call 999 and ask for an ambulance to take you to A&E
  • ask someone else to call 999 for you or take you to A&E

If you need urgent support but don’t want to go to A&E, you can:

If you want to help someone else, see the page on the Mind website about how to help someone else seek help, including how to help someone else in an emergency.

More resources and support

GIC Resource leaflet

We have produced a leaflet that contains gender-related resources and information sources.

Download the GIC resource leaflet

Letter for support with suicidal thoughts and self-harm

We have produced a letter for people who are experiencing suicidal thoughts and self-harming.

Download the ‘letter for support with suicidal thoughts self-harm’


The TranzWiki website provides links to the majority of support networks in the UK.

Visit the TranzWiki website.

You can find more support groups and resources on the support groups and resources page.